Spinach-Artichoke Quinoa Casserole with Chicken
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 9 to 10 oz fresh baby spinach
- 2 13.75 oz cans quartered artichokes (not in marinade)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat milk
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 5 oz feta, crumbled
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mist a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
In a medium saucepan, boil 2 cups water; add quinoa. reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 mins or until almost all the water is absorbed, stirring occasionally. remove from heat, cover and set aside.
in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp. oil. add onion and garlic, saute four to five mins, until softened. Working in batches, add spinach to skillet; cook and stir until wilted, then add more spinach until all is added. Drain artichokes and coarsely chop. add artichokes to skillet and stir. reduce heat to low.
in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter. add flour and whisk until a paste forms. add milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. add cream-cheese pieces; stir and heat until melted, about 5 mins.
in a large bowl, combine quinoa, spinach artichoke mixture, cream cheese mixture, feta and chicken. stir until well combined. transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and spread in an even layer.
in a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and remaining 1 tbsp. oil; toss until breadcrumbs are coated. sprinkle breadcrumbs over casserole. bake 25 mins. let cook before serving.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crawfish Etouffee 0/5 (0 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY BANANA CHEESECAKE SALAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Pizza Casserole with Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Parmesan... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- B-Mushroom & Swiss Spinach Frittata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Penne with Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)