Sour Cream Cherry Cake
Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (53 Votes)
- 4 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sour cream (16 oz)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cans cherries
- For the streusel
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 12 Tablespoons flour
Do NOT Preheat oven.
Drain the cherries well. Mix just the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar, flour and baking powder until smooth. Next beat the egg whites until they are stiff, then fold into the batter. Spread batter onto a baking sheet with low sides that is lined with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with non stick spray.
Sprinkle the cherries lightly over the batter, but do not press them into the dough. Mix the sugar and flour. Cut in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture forms medium crumbs. Spread topping all over the cherries. Put in a cold oven and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Shirley Temple Poke Cake 4.3/5 (56 Votes)
- Outback Alice Springs Chicken 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Frozen Cherry Margarita 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberries & Cream Cake 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Sour Cream Banana Cake 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
Review this recipe