Outback Alice Springs Chicken
Bacon adds a special touch to this chicken dish. Add sliced mushrooms and shredded cheese and finish with a yummy homemade honey mustard sauce.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup regular mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Colby/Jack cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoned salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, crumble and set aside. Reserve bacon grease.
Saute chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned.
Place chicken in a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish or pan.
In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes.
Spread some of the honey mustard over each piece of chicken. Set aside leftover sauce for serving.
Layer with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.
Bake 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
Serve with remaining honey mustard sauce.
You'll also love
- BBQ Chicken and Pineapple... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken Fried Rice 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Chicken Sour Cream Enchilada... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu - Cooking Light 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- Baked Alice Springs Chicken -... 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Olive Garden's Chicken Scampi 4.6/5 (29 Votes)