Chicken With Roasted Pepper-Garlic Sauce
- 20 garlic cloves unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (abt 6 oz ea)
- 4 ounces feta cheese coarsely crumbled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss garlic cloves with 1 tablespoon oil in small glass baking dish. Roast uncovered until garlic is tender and golden, about 30 minutes. Cool. Peel garlic. Set aside.
Char both peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag and let stand 10 minutes. Peel and seed peppers. Cut into matchstick-size strips.
Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and chopped garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and lemon juice and simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 7 minutes. Add cream and simmer until reduced to sauce consistency, about 5 minutes. Mix in roasted garlic and bell peppers. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Brush chicken with remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Place 1 chicken breast on each plate. Spoon sauce over. Sprinkle feta over and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.