Easter Bunny Mashed Potatoes
This side dish of mashed potatoes studded with both yellow carrots and orange carrots is the perfect creamy accompaniment to your Easter feast. The kids are going to love the carrots in this dish, because the Easter bunny loves them too!
- 5 to 7 large russet or yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package Trader Joe's frozen Carrots Rustica, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter or margarin
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Put chopped potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan. Cover with warm or hot water and add a pinch of salt.
Bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are soft enough for a fork to go through easily, about 25 to 35 minutes.
Drain and return to pan. Add sour cream, butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Mash with a masher or electric mixer until there are only small pieces of carrots in smooth potatoes.