Melted Witch Halloween Cookies
Witches hat and broom stick cookies are perfect for Halloween parties, or even a Wizard of Oz movie party! Tip is using Bugles for the hat!
- Bugles® brand original corn snacks (for hats)
- 1 (12-ounce) bag light cocoa candy melts
- Pretzel sticks, broken in half (for broomsticks)
- 1 to 2 big shredded wheat cereal biscuits, broken apart (for brooms)
- 12 (2.5 inch) peanut butter (or similar) cookies, store bought or fresh baked (store bought oatmeal shown)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
Melt half the candy melts in a small bowl in the microwave as directed on package. Dip Bugles in melted chocolate, tapping off excess. Place on the prepared cookie sheet. Refrigerate or freeze until chocolate has hardened.
Heat remaining candy melts. Working on 3 cookies at a time, frost each cookie with melted candy to look like a puddle. Attach a pretzel piece to 1 cookie then add a pinch of shredded cereal at the bottom of pretzel to look like a broom. Repeat with other 2 frosted cookies. Continue working with 3 cookies at a time until desired number have been reached.
Dip wide end of each chocolate-coated Bugle in melted candy then immediately place upright in or near the center of each cookie for hats. Let stand at room temperature until chocolate is completely set.