Pasta, Bacon & Roasted Pepper Frittata
This frittata recipe is perfect for a mid-day weekend brunch. Put the ingredients in your crockpot about two hours before you want to serve brunch. No last minute prep.
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free egg substitute
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 5 slices Canadian bacon, halved and cut crosswise into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted red pepper
- 4 cups whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
Whisk together egg substitute, Parmesan, and black pepper in large bowl. Stir in peas, bacon, and roasted pepper. Add spaghetti, stirring to combine.
Generously spray ceramic insert of 5- or 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick spray. Pour in egg mixture, making sure pasta is submerged. Sprinkle mozzarella over egg mixture, leaving 1-inch border all around to prevent frittata from sticking. Cover and cook until knife inserted into center of frittata comes out clean, about 2 hours on high.
Remove lid and lift out ceramic insert; let stand 15 minutes. With rubber spatula, loosen edges of frittata. Cut crosswise into thick slices. With inverted long metal spatula, transfer slices to platter. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
PER SERVING (1/4 of frittata: 261 Cal, 6 g Total Fat, 3 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 21 mg Choi, 619 mg Sod, 31 g Carb, 3 g Sugar, 7 g Fib, 23 g Prot, ISl mg Calc.
6 points per serving
You'll also love
- Smoked Paprika Prosciutto-Wrapped... 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Healthy Potato Gratin with Herbs 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- A Warm Pan of Chickpeas, Chorizo... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Broccoli Swiss Turkey Meatloaf... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken with Bacon & White... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Pepperoni Pasta Salad Recipe 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
Review this recipe