Very Berry Apple Pie
- 1 recipe 2-Pie Pastry
- 2 Gala or Fuji apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 3 c. (12-oz.) cranberries
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 c. (5-oz.) frozen blueberries
- 1 c. (4-oz.) frozen raspberries
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tbsp. coarse sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On floured surface, with lightly floured rolling pin, roll on disk of 2-Pie Pastry recipe into 12-inch circle. Transfer to 9-inch pie plate. Trim excess dough. Fold dough rim under; crimp as desired.
2. Line crust with parchment paper; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake 15 minutes or until bottom is slightly dry. Remove parchment and weights. Bake 10 minutes or until golden; remove from oven. Reduce temperature to 375
3. Roll remaining disk into 10-inch circle. With floured leaf-shaped cutters, cut out shapes from dough. Freeze cutouts on waxed-paper-lined plate or cookie sheet while making filling.
4. Make filling: in 5-quart saucepot, combine apples, cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and pinch salt. Simmer on medium 10 to 15 minutes or until most cranberries burst, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. To cranberry mixture, add blueberries, raspberries and cornstarch. Place pie shell on rimmed baking sheet. Add filling; spread evenly.
5. In small bowl whisk cream and egg yolk. Arrange cutouts all over top of pie. Brush shapes with cream mixture; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and filling is bubbly.
About 370 cals, 4 g protein, 53 g carbs, 17 g fat (8 g sat), 3 g fiber, 185 mg sodium.
You'll also love
- Olive Burger 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Pepper Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin w/ Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- RASPBERRY-GRAPE SMOOTHIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dutch Apple Pie with Sour Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe