Ranch Dressing (Dairy-free, egg free, corn free, nut free and soy free)
Just as tasty as the real deal 'Ranch dressing' but better for you! My whole family enjoys this as a dip or drizzled on some greens. Enjoy!
- 1 cup mayo (I use Soy-Free Vegenaise for convenience purposes but you can also make your own dairy-free, egg-free, corn-free and soy-free mayo. If egg is okay, just use real mayo).
- 1/4 cup Dairy-Free "Buttermilk" (see recipe below)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Parsley (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Chives (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Dill (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from adventuresofaglutenfreemom.com
Combine all ingredients except for the dairy-free buttermilk in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the "buttermilk."
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Add 1 and 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice to a liquid measuring cup.
Add enough Dairy-Free Milk to bring the total amount of liquid to 1/4 cup (I use So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk since I cannot detect any "coconutty" flavor in it and personally, I think this is the most neutral tasting dairy-free milk substitute out there).
Stir and allow to sit for 5 - 10 minutes, until milk curdles then it's ready to use!