Santa Fe Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing
WW 3 Points Plus. I mixed all ingredients except for lettuce & let sit overnight. Portioned out veggie mix and added to lettuce for 1 serving. For a main meal add chicken, pork or salmon, adjusting the points value.
- 6 Tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 medium uncooked scallion(s), minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cooked corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), cut into thin strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 cup(s) romaine lettuce, cut into thick shreds (about 2 hearts)
To make dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cilantro, water, scallion, lime juice, sugar and chili powder until smooth. Transfer to a jar or a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
In a large bowl or food storage container, layer remaining ingredients in order listed; cover and refrigerate.
To serve, spoon salad ingredients into a bowl. Shake dressing and then drizzle dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Yields about 2 cups of salad and 1 1/2 tablespoons of dressing per serving.
Storing this salad in layers (instead of tossing it immediately) and keeping the dressing separate, helps to keep the salad fresh. It can be stored up to 4 days in the refrigerator.