Game-Day Spinach Pull-Aparts
Little spinach and cheese filled pastry balls are baked together and inverted on a plate for a foolproof appetizer idea perfect for any party. Bake-Off® Contest 44, 2010
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
- 1 box (9 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Basil Leaves, if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (16 rolls)
- 1 cup marinara sauce, heated, if desired
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with no-stick cooking spray. In small bowl, mix butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic powder; set aside.
In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach, basil, pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic powder until blended; set aside.
Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise to make total of 32 small triangles. Stretch or press 1 triangle slightly, being careful not to tear it. Spoon 1 tablespoon spinach mixture onto center of triangle; pull dough around mixture into a ball. Press edges to seal. Repeat with remaining triangles.
Roll each ball in butter mixture; layer in pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Cool 10 minutes longer.
Serve warm with marinara sauce.
Nutrition Information: Serving (1 Serving) Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 480mg; Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 8.00%; Iron 6.00%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat;
Carbohydrate Choices: 1; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
© 2012 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved