- 3 cups oat bran
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup persimmon puree plus
- 2 tablespoons persimmon puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk plus
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 egg whites - (from 2 large eggs)
- 1 cup grated McIntosh apple
- 1/4 cup dried currants
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 16 standard muffin pan cups with paper liners.
In medium bowl, mix oat bran, baking powder, spices and salt.
In separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Add to oat bran mixture and stir just until blended.
Spoon mixture into muffin pans, filling to top. Smooth with back of spoon. Bake 30 minutes or until tops are browned. Set pan on wire rack and let cool 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and let cool thoroughly.
This recipe yields 16 muffins.
Per Muffin: 95 Cal; 4g Prot; 1g Total Fat (0 Sat. Fat); 25g Carb.; 0mg Chol; 147mg Sod.; 3g Fiber.