Orange Chiffon Pie
- 1 env. unflavored gelatin
- Dash salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Non-caloric sweetener to equal 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp. grated orange peel
- 3 egg whites
- 6 drops yellow food coloring Pastry shell
- 1/2 cup whipped low-calorie dessert topping
- Shredded orange peel
In saucepan, combine unflavored gelatin, salt, orange juice, cold water, sweetner. Stir in egg yolks. Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture thickens slightly (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in orange peel and yellow and red food coloring. Chill stirring occasionally, till mixture mounds slightly when spooned.
Beat egg whites till stiff peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Pile into cooled pastry shell. Chill till firm. Garnish with whipped topping and orange peel.