Homemade cherry cookies with an almond cherry glaze on top. Perfect cookie for your Christmas cookie tray, Valentine's day or any time of year!
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (11-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped, reserve juice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Combine margarine, egg, confectioners sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Beat until well blended and smooth.
Combine flour and baking powder and gradually add to margarine mixture.
Fold in chopped cherries.
Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Roll chilled dough into balls about the size of a large marble and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F for six to eight minutes (they will not be brown).
Cool on wire rack.
In a small bowl, moisten some confectioners sugar with just enough of the reserved cherry juice to form a thick glaze. Add one drop of almond extract. Glaze tops of cookies when they are cool.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (397 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Dream Bars... 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Reeses Chocolate Peanut Butter... 4.5/5 (180 Votes)
- Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies 4.5/5 (138 Votes)