Slo Cooker Pork with Noodles
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 2 -inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 pieces star anise
- Kosher salt
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 head bok choy, roughly chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, star anise and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker. Add the pork, then cover and cook on low 8 hours.
Add the bok choy to the slow cooker; cover and cook about 20 more minutes.
Add the noodles to the slow cooker, making sure they are submerged. Cover and cook 10 more minutes.
Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred the meat. Divide the pork, bok choy and noodles among bowls, then ladle in some of the broth. Sprinkle with the cilantro.