Wild Mushroom & Spring Pea Stroganoff
- 12 oz (375g) broad egg noodles
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 LBS mixed wild mushrooms (halving or quartering larger ones so they are all similar in size)
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 TBSP fresh chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp each coarse salt & fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup white or red wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 TBSP finely chopped chives
1 - Cook noodles unti al dente. Drain and set aside.
2 - In a large, deep skillet, heat butter with oil over medium heat until butter is melted and foamy. Add onions and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Stir in mushrooms, fresh peas and season with thyme, salt & pepper. Cook until mushrooms are golden and liquid has been absorbed, about 4 minutes. Cook 1 minute more. Add wine and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes until heated through. Serve over hot egg noodles and sprinkle with fresh chopped chives.