Lemon Custards With Lemon Verbena - ...
- 1 cup water
- 14 fresh or dried lemon verbena leaves (optional) (leaves 2" to 2 1/2" long)
- 10 strips lemon peel, 2" by 1/2" yellow part only
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine first 3 ingredients in medium saucepan. Boil until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 4 minutes. Add sugar; simmer until mixture is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 3 minutes. Stir in cream. Whisk yolks to blend in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in hot cream mixture. Whisk in lemon juice.
Strain custard through sieve into 4-cup measuring cup. Divide among six 2-cup ramekins or soufflé dishes. Cover ramekins with foil. Place ramekins in 13- by 9- by 2-inch metal baking pan. Add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
Bake custards until just set, about 45 minutes. Remove pan from oven; let custards cool in water in pan. Transfer ramekins to refrigerator. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve chilled.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)