Pork Chops and Apple Pot Pie
- 1 21-ounce can Apple Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 1/2 cups chopped potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups pork loin, cooked and chopped into 1/2" dice
- 1 Refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tsp. water, beaten
Adapted from farmerowned.com
Preheat oven to 400 F.
In a large skillet with sides, melt the butter and add onion and ginger. Sauté over medium heat until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
Add carrots, potatoes, salt, and pepper to the pan. Cover the pan but continue to sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until potatoes and carrots are just fork tender.
Add flour to the pan and stir to coat, cook for one minute over medium-low heat. Gradually add the chicken broth and milk. Stir gently as sauce thickens.
Add pork to the pan. Add Lucky Leaf Apple pie filling to the pan and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
Remove one crust from the package. Lightly flour the counter top and roll to 13” width (this can be done while filling is cooking). Fold in half and place in the bottom of a 10” pie plate. Put the filling in the bottom crust.
Roll out the second crust to 12”and place on top of filling. Roll in the edges and crimp to form a crust. Brush with egg wash and bake for 30-40 minutes until crust is browned and filling is bubbling.
You'll also love
- Carrot Peanut Butter Dog Cupcakes 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- My First Holiday Turkey! 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Whole Pot-Roasted Cauliflower With... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cajun Bacon Tuna Pasta Bake 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Smoked Ham, Brie & Cranberry... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Heidi Swanson's Summer Squash Soup... 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Paleo Aspargus Bacon Bone Broth... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Beet & Apple Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)