Clam Dip 2016's Upgraded 1960's Clam Dip
There?s no place like home! You can rarely go home again. But the flavors & smells of our youth can always take us back!
I can?t remember a holiday/party that my Mother didn?t make her delicious and often requested Clam Dip. Now days everybody is into recipes reinvented/upgraded. When it is just family, I stick to the ?oldie but a goodie? style. But I am very proud of MY much requested upgraded version of this classic dip.
- 16 oz Philly Cream Cheese / softened
- 6 + Tbls. Worcestershire's Sauce / Lee & Perrine
- 1 + Tbls. Onion Juice / Watkins Products
- 1 Whl Bulb. Roasted Garlic
- 1 +/- tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 +/- cans. Clams 6.5 oz cans
- 1 -minced
- 1 - chopped
Be sure to save the juice drained off of the clams to use for thinning the dips consistency, but can also be used to punch up the flavor of the clams in the dip.
I have listed the ingredients by brand named products. These are the brands I use, as well as the ones used in my Mother?s recipe. Believe me, it does make a major difference in the overall taste. If you want rave reviews, do not shortcut on the ingredients.
Mix the cream cheese on med/high speed. Continue until the cream cheese is softened and is very creamy. Add clam juice, 1 or 2 T at a time if needed.
Mix in Onion juice, Roasted Garlic, Worcestershire Sauce, Lemon Juice until all are well blended into the cream cheese.
Add both cans of clams, and gently blend them in with whisk.
Taste using your scoop/dipper of choice, since they have their own flavor profile, their flavor will affect the end product.
At this point add/exchange ingredients to your personal flavor profile.
Refrigerate till chilled (may freeze briefly, whip briskly for consistency), overnight is best to chill properly and give time for flavors to marry.
This recipe is MY personal favorite, it is my friends preference. If you have never had this dip, this is will spoil you.
You'll also love
- Nuyorican Style Arroz con Maíz y... 3.6/5 (8 Votes)
- BROWN SUGAR BACON WAFFLES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta with Salmon and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cod Seared with Peach-Mango Salsa 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Tilapia - Crabmeat Topping 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Grits (Bobby Flay) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Backyard Clambake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sour Cream Clam Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)