Sam Choy's Mango Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups peeled and diced mango, fresh, canned or frozen
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease and flour two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
3. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon into small bowl.
4. In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, oil and sugar and mix with dry ingredients until well blended.
5. Fold in mango, raisins, nuts and coconut.
6. Pour into loaf pans and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes, unmold and let completely cool on baking racks.
This recipe can be easily adapted for banana, carrot or papaya bread by substituting for the mango.
Makes 2 loaves—20 servings
WW Points Plus per serving: 7