Beaumes-De-Venise Cake With Grapes - ...
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter - (1 stick) room temperature
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Beaumes-de-Venise or other Muscat wine
- 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush 10-inch-diameter springform pan with olive oil. Line bottom of pan with parchment; brush parchment with olive oil.
Sift flour and next 3 ingredients into bowl. Whisk 3/4 cup sugar, 6 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons oil in large bowl until smooth. Whisk in eggs, both peels and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with wine in 3 additions each, whisking just until smooth after each addition. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top. Sprinkle grapes over batter.
Bake cake until top is set, about 20 minutes. Dot top of cake with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over. Bake until golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes longer. Cool in pan on rack 20 minutes. Release pan sides. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 10 servings.