Crostini With Gorgonzola And Figs
- 8 baguette slices, 1/3"-thick
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese - (abt 2 oz) room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter room temperature
- 3 large fresh ripe figs cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
Preheat broiler. Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet. Broil until lightly toasted on 1 side.
Mash crumbled Gorgonzola and 1 tablespoon butter in small bowl until smooth. Spread Gorgonzola mixture evenly over untoasted side of baguette slices. Top with figs. Drizzle oil over figs.
Broil until Gorgonzola mixture bubbles around edges, about 3 minutes. Transfer crostini to platter and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.