Grilled Swordfish With Basil Marinade And Avocado Salsa
- 6 swordfish steaks - (6 to 8 oz ea)
- 3/4 cup torn basil leaves - (loosely packed)
- (or 2 tspns dried basil)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado peeled, sliced
- 1 large tomato seeded, and finely diced
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
Rinse fish steaks and pat dry. Place fish in a single layer in a glass dish. Combine basil, olive oil, lime juice, 1 teaspoon green onion, lime peel, and salt in a food processor. Pulse 10 times or until basil is coarsely chopped.
Remove 2 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture and reserve for the salsa. Pour the remainder of the marinade over the fish steaks. Marinate fish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning the fish over once.
Gently combine the reserved marinade, avocado, tomato, remaining green onion, and hot pepper sauce (to taste) to make the salsa.
Place fish on a preheated, well-oiled grill. Cook fish approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Turn steaks after 5 minutes and cook until fish begins to flake easily. Baste frequently with marinade. Serve with avocado salsa.
This recipe yields 6 servings.