Don’t be afraid of the eggplant! This tasty eggplant parmesan is just like lasagna – but it’s perfect for Meatless Mondays! You won’t believe that there’s eggplant in it – it’s fabulous and everyone will love it.
- 2 eggplants, peeled and sliced
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 3 oz mozzarella, shredded
- 6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from laaloosh.com
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Season the eggplant with garlic, onion, salt and pepper.
3. In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs and water.
4. Put the breadcrumbs into a second shallow bowl.
5. Dip the slices of eggplant in the egg and then dredge each slice in the breadcrumbs.
6. Heat the oil over medium high heat in a heavy skillet.
7. Fry the eggplant on each side until golden brown.
8. Place a layer of eggplant in the bottom of a baking dish.
9. Top with a layer of tomato sauce, then the two cheeses.
10. Repeat the layers until all the eggplant, sauce and cheese is used.
11. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
You'll also love
- Couscous Stuffed Bell Peppers 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde - Eating... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Turmeric And Coconut Milk Bedtime... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Eggplant & Tomato Risotto 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- The Best Eggplant Parmesan Recipe 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Inside-Out Eggplant Parmesan Rolls 4.3/5 (6 Votes)