BREAD - Cranberry Cream Cheese
- Water roux :
- 30 g bread flour
- 150 g tepid water
- Bread dough dry ingredients:
- 300 g bread flour
- 100 g plain flour
- 80 g sugar
- 20 g milk powder
- 1 tbsp instant yeast / 10g
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- Bread dough wet ingredients:
- 1 egg, about 40g ( whole weight )
- 50 g dried cranberries, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and then drained
- 150 g cold water ( I recommend 130 - 140 ml for ease of handling. 150g yields wet dough but very soft buns )
- 60 g cold butter, cubed
- Filling :
- 260 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 60 g icing sugar
Adapted from cookwithnobooks.blogspot.my
Prepare water roux. Mix bread flour and water. Cook until it reaches 65C, stirring continuously. The roux should congeal and form lines with the whisk. Cool, covered.
Prepare the dough. Combine all the dry dough ingredients in the mixing receptacle.
Add the following ingredients in this order : water roux, egg, cranberries.
Knead the dough in the bread machine or KA. Gradually add cold water while kneading. Depending on the humidity, you may not need all of the 150g of cold water. Dough is ready for the next stage when it pulls from the sides of the bowl.
Lastly, add butter cubes while the machine is kneading until the dough is glossy and smooth.
Let the dough ferment, 60 - 90 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese and sugar. Make 12 portions, about 27g each. Set aside and chill if not using immediately.
Transfer the dough to a floured worktop. Fold the dough to thirds. Weigh and divide the dough to 12 portions, about 79g each.
Rest the individual portions for 10 minutes.
Make the buns. Spoon about 27g of cheese filling to flatten dough. Wrap the cream cheese filling with the buns by gathering the edges and pinch the dough to seal. Dust both sides of the bun with just enough flour to coat. Proof the buns on an oiled or lined tray. Leave enough space between the buns to expand.
To make the flat top, lay an oiled parchment over the buns. Weigh the parchment down with another baking tray.
Let the buns ferment for another 15 minutes.
Bake in a preheated oven at 210C for 12 minutes.
To store, chill covered. Best eaten warm. To reheat, foil the bun and bake under a grill for about 10 minutes.
Best eaten within 3 days.
You'll also love
- Hoison Shrimp with Veggies 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Stuffed Banana Peppers 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Traditional Coconut Cream Pie 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- joy's triple berry cinnamon swirl... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Grilled Lamb Chops w/ Blueberry... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Hot Cranberry Punch 4.1/5 (8 Votes)