Cheesy Corn Casserole - CC
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (1 2/3 ounces) cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds frozen corn, thawed
- 4 scallions, white and green parts separated and sliced thin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Cut 4 ounces of Monterey Jack into 1/2-inch cubes. Shred remaining 4 ounces of Monterey Jack on large holes of box grater; set aside. Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne together in large bowl.
2. Pulse half of corn and scallion whites in food processor to coarse puree, about 10 pulses. Stir pureed corn mixture into flour mixture. Stir in sour cream, 1/4 cup Parmesan, eggs, melted butter, remaining half of corn, and cubed Monterey Jack until combined. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded Monterey Jack and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
3. Bake until casserole is slightly puffy and cheese is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer casserole to wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with scallion greens and serve.