Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 (28 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch piece
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 300mins
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions until tender. Stir in brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
Place sausage in a slow cooker with the sauce and onions. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. The longer it simmers the better!