Kraut Kielbasa Potato Casserole
One bite of this hearty casserole - full of sauerkraut, apples and kielbasa - and you'll be transported to a tiny pub in the Alsace region of northern France. If you like, serve with extra mustard.
- 4 t EVOO, divided
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 t caraway or fennel seedds
- 1 large sweet-tart apple, such as Braeburn, chopped
- 1 C dry white wine
- 10 oz turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1-1/2 C drained sauerkraut, rinsed
- 3 T cider vinegar
- 1 T spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 T freshly ground pepper
- 2 large Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 T butter, melted
- 1/4 t salt
Preheat oven to 400*
Heat 2t oil in large skillet over med heat.
Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes
Stir in caraway seeds and cook til fragrant about 30 seconds
Add apple and wine.
Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring til most of wine has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Stir in sausage, sauerkraut, vinegar, mustrd and pepper.
Transfer to 9x13 baking dish
Toss potato slices with remaining 2t oil, butter and salt in a bowl until coated.
Cover sauerkraut mixture with tightly overlapping potato slices.
Bake until potato wedges start to get crispy about 50 min to one hour.
Cool 10 minutes before serving
You'll also love
- Sweet Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Candy Corn Cake Pops 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- APPLE CREAM CHEESE BUNDT CAKE 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Ww 3 Pt. (Weight Watchers)... 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Beef and vegetable pasties 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Potatoes Soup 4.4/5 (65 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Crockpot Polish Sausage and... 4.3/5 (84 Votes)