Ginger-Scented Corn and Asparagus Stir-Fry
Cooking Light - August 2011
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 10 ounce extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, vertically sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 julienne-cut red bell pepper (about 1 cup)
- 6 ounces asparagus, steamed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked short-grain rice
- 2 thinly sliced green onions (about 1/4 cup)
Preparation time 30mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat; swirl to coat. Add tofu; sauté for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove tofu from pan with a slotted spoon; wipe pan dry with a paper towel.
2. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add corn, ginger, garlic onion and bell pepper; stir-fry 5 minutes.
3. Add reserved tofu, asparagus, broth, soy sauce, vinegar, and crushed red pepper. Stir-fry 1 minute or until asparagus and tofu are heated.
4. Divide the rice evenly among 4 plates. Spoon about 1 cup corn mixture over rice, and top evenly with 1 tablespoon green onions.