Vanilla Cupcakes with Whipped Strawberry Frosting
Vanilla cupcakes with a fresh strawberry frosting are a perfect way to welcome the spring season. Serve these with some fresh-squeezed lemonade for a salute to warmer weather!
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon seedless strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
To prepare the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 (24-cup) mini muffin pans with mini cupcake liners. Whisk together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
Whip the eggs and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the wire whip attachment, on medium speed, until they’re light, creamy and pale yellow. Reduce the speed to medium-low and add the vanilla and oil, mixing until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk in 3 batches, and mix until just combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
Pour the cupcake batter into the lined muffin pans, filling each cup 3/4 full. Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 16 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool completely.
To prepare the frosting, whip the heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a wire whip attachment, until medium-size peaks form. Place the whipped cream into a small bowl and refrigerate.
Place the cream cheese into your mixing bowl and mix with the paddle attachment until creamy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and strawberry jam and mix until evenly combined and no lumps exist. Fold in the fresh chopped strawberries so that they're evenly distributed. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, being careful not to overwork the cream.
Place the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a plain tip, and pipe the frosting on top of each cupcake. If desired, garnish each cupcake with a quartered strawberry.
You'll also love
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon &... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Favorite Dutch Apple Pie Recipe 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Soft Almond Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Steak Sandwich 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Shrimp Tacos with Lime Slaw 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Baby Red Potatoes 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Halloween Blood Red Sangria... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Malasadas, Hawaiian Donuts 4/5 (157 Votes)