Summer Lettuce Salad With Buttermilk Dressing
- BUTTERMILK DRESSINGS:
- 4 cups green leaf lettuce - (packed) rinsed, crisped, and broken into pieces
- 1 cup shelled fresh green peas uncooked
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
Divide the lettuce onto 4 chilled luncheon plates. Top each serving with peas. Drizzle dressing over salads.
Buttermilk Dressing: Stir together the mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, paprika, and red pepper in a pint jar with a tight-fitting lid. Add the buttermilk; cover and shake until combined. (Makes about 1 cup)
This recipe yields 4 servings.