- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
Clean strawberries and remove stems and cores. Cut berries into quarters and place in a bowl.
Slightly mash the strawberries using a fork, potato masher, or a pastry blender. Sprinkle the berries with the sugar and stir until dissolved.
Place the strawberries in the refrigerator and allow to stand for 1 to 2 hours.
Before serving, mash the strawberries again until they are the desired consistency. Add more sugar to taste if desired.
This is a simple strawberry sauce that makes a great topping for ice cream, shortcake, angel food cake, waffles, and pancakes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)