Celery Root Fennel Gratin With Gruyere
- 1 large celery root - (abt 1 lb) peeled, and thinly sliced
- 2 baking potatoes, like russets peeled, and thinly sliced
- 2 fennel bulbs thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 quart milk
- 12 ounces Gruyere or Swiss cheese shredded (3 cups)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 3-quart baking dish.
Place the celery root, potatoes, and fennel in a large bowl and toss well.
In a large measuring cup, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the milk.
Layer 1/3 of the vegetables in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layering, reserving the last 1/3 of the cheese.
Pour the milk mixture over all, pressing the vegetables to coat them. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 1 hour, or until the vegetables are very tender.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Braised Duckling In Mole Poblano 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean And Chorizo Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Basic Boiled Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Avocado Roast Corn Nachos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fennel And Orange Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fennel, Apple And Celery Root... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spaghettini W Flageolet Beans, Bay... 0/5 (0 Votes)