Pear-Blue Cheese salad
- 3/4 cup dijon vinaigrette dressing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 cups torn curly endive (chicory), romaine lettuce, or spinach
- 3 ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add pecan halves. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until pecans are lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Sprinkle sugar and salt over pecans; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Transfer pecans to a medium bowl; cool.
2. In a 6- to 8-quart salad bowl combine curly endive, pears, blue cheese and half the pecans. Pour vinaigrette dressing over salad. Toss gently to coat. Divide among salad plates. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.