Black Bean Walnut Cookies
- 1 can (14 oz/398 ml) no-salt black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp. raw almond butter
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp. 100% whole grain spelt flour
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of potassium salt (or omit)
- 3 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. chopped raw walnuts
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine beans, milk, almond butter, applesauce and vanilla in a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until completely smooth. Combine dry ingredients separately, except chocolate chips and walnuts, and blend into wet mixture until smooth and mousse-like.
3. Transfer into a bowl and mix in chocolate chips and walnuts. Place 15 dollops of dough onto prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire cooling rack and cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the fridge.