Better Than Easter Carrot Poke Cake
This is pretty much your run-of-the-mill BTS cake, but, you know… with carrot cake. Which obviously makes it seasonally appropriate for spring and Easter :) . The topping is a little special: it’s a sweet whipped combo of cream cheese, cool whip, and cool whip frosting. And it’s topped with caramel sauce and chopped pecans, like any decent carrot cake should be!
- 9 x13-inch carrot cake recipe of your choice, baked and cooled (I used a box mix)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 cup Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting or Cream Cheese flavor
- 1/2 (12-ounce) tub whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup caramel sundae sauce to taste
- 1 cup pecans, chopped, to garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from somethingswanky.com
Leave the cake in the dish it was baked in, this is not a free standing cake.
Poke approximately 20 to 25 holes, spread evenly, over the top of the cake with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over top, trying to fill the holes as much as possible.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the cool whip, the cool whip frosting, and the whipped cream cheese until smooth. Spread over top of the cake.
Pour the caramel sauce over top of the cake, and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, really overnight is best. Cut into 12 squares to serve (you can cut more, 1/12 is a pretty large piece!).
Cool Whip Frosting is not the same as cool whip. But you can find it right beside the cool whip in the freezer section of your grocery store. You will not be able to stop eating this. Just a fact.
You'll also love
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Ball 4.3/5 (86 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's Sugared Pecans 3.9/5 (133 Votes)
- Rice Krispies, Fruity Pebbles, or... 4/5 (126 Votes)
- Momofuku Carrot Layer Cake 4/5 (133 Votes)
Review this recipe