Inside-Out Stuffed Cabbage
Preparing stuffed cabbage rolls can be time-consuming, but this version with butternut squash has the classic flavors —and it’s table ready in just 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, squash and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Stir in the cabbage, juice, water, soup mix and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in rice. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.