Chicken and Stuffing in Crockpot
This was so easy and the house smelled wonderful as it cooked. I pan and bowl to clean up. Put it in the crockpot and forget about it.
Chicken is so tender, it almost falls apart. Great warmed up next day if you have any left.
- 6 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Seasoning: Thyme, paprika, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning or sage, garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half n half
- 7-8 slices of cheese (such as: mozzerella, swiss, monteray jack or provolone)
- 2 cans sliced mushrooms, drained well
- 1 box of stuffing mix
- 3 tbsp butter
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 375mins
1. In pan, heat oil, brown chicken on both sides and season with mixture of (seasonings listed).
2. Spray crock pot. Add chicken to pot and top with cheese. Spread mushrooms over cheese.
3. In bowl, whisk soups, milk and half n half. Pour over cheese/chicken in pot.
4. Top with stuffing mix. Tab butter over stuffing.
5. Cover and cook on low 6 hours or till chicken in cooked thru.