Savory Mexican Quiche
Want to start off your weekend with a south-of-the-border brunch? This Savory Mexican Quiche will hit the spot.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean Sausage
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 10 3/4 ounces condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, or to taste, rough chop
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (7-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 cups frozen southern-style potatoes
- 3/4 cup (2% or low-fat) milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning, to taste
- 1 tablesppoon green chile salsa, optional
- 2 tablespoons salsa, optional
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Several dashes smoked paprika, or about 1 teaspoon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from breakfast.betterrecipes.com
Preheat oven 375°F.
In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain on paper towel.
Mix remaining ingredients, except cheese and paprika, in large bowl; add sausage and stir to combine. Pour into a 9x13-inch baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Top with Mexican/Fiesta cheese blend and sprinkle smoked paprika on top.
Bake 35-40 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted near the center come out clean.
Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Serve with sliced avocado, sour cream or salsa on the side.