Raspberry-Marzipan Coffee Cake
- Buttery Streusel
- 1/3 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firm butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Coffee Cake
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 package (7- or 8-oz size) almond paste, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or unsweetened frozen (thawed) raspberries
Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9-inch square pan. In small bowl, mix 1/3 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Cut in firm butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until crumbly. Stir in almonds.
In large bowl, beat all coffee cake ingredients except almond paste and raspberries with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
Spread half of batter in pan. Sprinkle with half each of the almond paste, raspberries and streusel. Repeat with remaining batter, almond paste, raspberries and streusel.
Bake about 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or cool.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Corn Bread (Cooks... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ST. LOUIS PASTA HOUSE SALAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Black Bean and Avocado... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grape Molasses Cookies... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Very Berry Cheesecake Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CRANBERRY LIME SPARKLERS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Disneyland's White Chocolate... 0/5 (0 Votes)