Pound Cake Plus-Strawberry Short Cake
- 1 1/2 C softened butter
- 2 C sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 C sour cream
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 C cake flour
Generously butter and flour two 9" round cake pans.
Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer. Add eggs. Beat till fluffy. Add sour cream, baking powder and vanilla. Add flour. Beat till smooth.
Pour into pans and bake for 45-50 minutes. Cool in pans for 20 minutes. Run a knife around edge and turn out.
After cakes are completely cool, crap each one in plastic sealing tightly. Wrap these in foil and store in refrig for 48 hours. Take them out an hour before you serve but don't unwrap them until ready to assemble dessert.
Wash 3 boxes of berries. Slice all but a dozen reserving a dozen of the best to top. Taste and add sugar if necessary. Stir and refrigerate.
Creme Fraiche (will hold for several hours)
2 C heavy cream
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C sour cream
1/2 C brown sugar (to sprinkle on top)
Whip cream with white sugar. When it holds a firm peak fold in sour cream..
Cut each pound cake into 6 pie shaped wedges. Top with sliced berries. Put creme fraiche on top. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Garnish with berries.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)