Sunshine Sweet Potatoes
A citrus-honey mixture enhances the flavor of sweet potatoes without adding extra fat. Try them with grilled pork chops, or they are a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Orange and lemon peel strips for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
In a large saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cover, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain sweet potatoes and cool.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Transfer sweet potatoes to a large bowl. Using a potato masher or a fork, mash sweet potatoes until smooth.
In a small saucepan, combine honey, orange juice, orange peel, lemon peel, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat; stir to melt honey. Remove from heat.
Stir honey mixture into sweet potatoes. Spoon mixture into a 1 quart casserole; smooth top.
Bake sweet potatoes until heated through, about 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with orange and lemon peel strips. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Carrot Applesauce Bread 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Pork Chops Baked 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Cake 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Cheesy Quinoa Cakes with a Roasted... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Sufganiyot 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Loaded Potato and Chicken Casserole 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Zucchini Fritters 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Potatoes 4.5/5 (35 Votes)