Key Lime Poke Cake
This Key Lime Cake is light and refreshing with a fluffy, zesty frosting. This recipe for Key Lime Poke cake definitely makes the perfect summer cake. This cake is easy to make, utilizes mostly store-bought ingredients, comes together in under 45 minutes, and makes a zesty and yummy dessert for any occasion. This recipe would be perfect for your next summer BBQ or make this recipe the center of your next birthday party!
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package Pillsbury Key Lime Cake Mix
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup key lime juice or regular lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup Pillsbury creamy supreme key lime frosting
- 3/4 cup whipping cream, whipped
- key lime slices for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from mommyskitchen.net
Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
In a large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
Bake 27 to 33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. With the handle of wooden spoon (1/4 to 1/2-inch in diameter), poke holes almost to bottom of the cake, every 1/2-inch, wiping spoon handle occasionally to reduce sticking.
In a medium bowl, stir together filling ingredients, let the mixture sit a bit to semi thicken. Pour over cake; spread evenly over the surface, working back and forth to fill holes. Some filling should remain on top of the cake. Refrigerate 1 hour.
To make the frosting, whip 3/4 cup whipping cream until soft peaks form. Lightly fold 1/2 of the canned frosting into the whipped cream. Spread frosting over cake; sprinkle with lime slices (optional).
You'll also love
- Samoas Cookies & Cream Coconut... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Peach Streusel Slab Pie 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Eggnog Monkey Bread 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Boston Sour Cream Cake 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Asian Short Ribs Pressure Cooker... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Hoppin' John 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Sassy Bacon & Cabbage 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Banana Caramel Poke Cake 4.4/5 (22 Votes)