Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips
- 1 1/4 lb russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (I often substitute fat free plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Crumbled bacon
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from cuisineathome.com
Cook potatoes, parsnips and onion in a pot of salted boiling water until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
Drain vegetables and return them to the pot over medium heat; stir 1 minute to dry. Mash vegetables and stir in sour cream and minced parsley until mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste, garnish with bacon, and additional parsley.
184 calories per serving, 3 grams total fat (2g sat), 10mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 36g carbs, 4g protein, 4g fiber.