Glazed Turnips and Parsnips with Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch lengths (halved if thick)
- 1 pound turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add parsnips and turnips; cook, stirring once, until beginning to brown, 2 minutes.
Add broth, pure maple syrup, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 10 minutes. Uncover, and cook over medium-high until parsnips and turnips are tender and liquid is syrupy, 7 to 9 minutes more (there should be only a small amount of liquid remaining).
Remove skillet from heat; add butter, and swirl skillet until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- K's Sausage & Oyster Dressing 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Cavatelli with Pork Ragù 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet-Potato Pie with Cornmeal... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Microwave Carmel Corn 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Turnips with Parmesan 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Turnip Green Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Lamb Stewed with Parsnip, Bacon,... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)