Susie Alper's Montana Potato Pie
- 4 cups diced Jones Country Carved ham
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Paprika to taste
Mix all but the last ingredient together in a large bowl.
Cooking option 1: Bake in individual 15-ounce casseroles. Spray each casserole with non-stick cooking oil, put approximately 1 cup of mix in each casserole, and sprinkle paprika on top. Bake 30 to 45 minutes in 350 degree oven until golden brown and eggs are set.
Cooking option 2: Bake in two 10-inch pie tins for 1 hour at 350 degrees and serve in a wedge.
Serve with sour cream and chopped fresh chives.
This recipe yields 10 servings.