Chicken Wings, Adobo-Seasoned Baked Chicken Wings
From Parade Jan 31 2010, Bobby Flay's recipe
- 1/2 cup mango nectar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 to 2 Tbsp red hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 40 chicken wings, rinsed well and patted dry
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano (or 2 tsp good dried oregano)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Stir together the mango nectar, honey, and hot sauce in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Mix garlic powder, onion powder, and turmeric in a small bowl for adobo seasoning. Add 1 Tbsp of salt and 1 tsp of black pepper. Toss with wings in a bowl with the oil.
4. Transfer wings to a large baking sheet (or 2 small ones, if needed) in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn wings over; continue baking for 20 minutes. Remove wings from the oven, generously brush with the glaze, then continue baking 10 minutes more until cooked through. Remove to a platter and sprinkle with the oregano.
Per serving: 340 calories, 10g carbs, 22g protein, 90mg cholesterol, and 23g fat.