Toasted Almond and Cherry Scones
- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 3.3 ounces whole-wheat pastry flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons 2% reduced-fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add spinach, 1 bag at a time; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring frequently. Simmer spinach mixture 40 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Stir in raisins. Remove from heat; cool completely. Stir in cheese, nuts, salt, and pepper.
3. Press 1 phyllo sheet into bottom and up sides of a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); lightly coat phyllo with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with 7 phyllo sheets. Spread spinach mixture in an even layer onto phyllo. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); lightly brush with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Repeat procedure with the remaining 3 phyllo sheets and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Place phyllo layer over spinach mixture; tuck in sides to enclose spinach fully. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes.
Fat:21.8g (sat 6.6g,mono 9.9g,poly 3.6g)