Barbecued Beef and Bow-Tie Dinner
Yummy and so easy
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked mini bow-tie (mini-farfalle) pasta
- 2 1/2 cups beef-flavored broth (from 32 oz. carton)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
In a large skillet, cook ground beef until thoroughly cooked; drain if needed.
Add red bell pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in pasta, broth, barbecue sauce, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
Stir in corn and 1 cup of the cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover; cook 3 - 4 minutes longer, until corn is hot and cheese is melted.