Broccoli, Ham and Mozzarella Egg Casserole
- 3-4 cups very small broccoli flowerets, blanched about 2 minutes, then drained well.
- 1-2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup low-fat grated Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion (optional, but good)
- 8-10 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tsp. flavor blend bseasoning
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Low fat sour cream, for serving (optional)
• Heat oven to 375F/190C.
• Spray a 9"x12" casserole dish with non-stick spray.
• Boil the broccoli for just 2 minutes, pour into a colander sink and drain.
• Layer broccoli, ham, Mozzarella, and green onions in casserole dish.
• Sprinkle seasoning and fresh-ground black pepper, then pour beaten eggs.
• Use a fork to "stir" the mixture until all the ingredients are coated with egg. (It might look like there is not enough egg)
• Bake 35-45 minutes, or until all the mixture is set and the top is starting to lightly brown.
• Serve hot, with low-fat sour cream if desired.
• This can be kept in the fridge for at least a week and reheated in the microwave.